Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Halloween Post

So I love Halloween and my kids do too. They plan on what they are going to be in the summer. I enjoy making the costumes as long as they aren't too outrageous and it would be both too expensive or too time consuming to do myself. So this year Bradyn wanted to be Darth Vader and I didn't want to do a disservice to the essence of Dart so I just bought the costume. Leena wanted to wear her ruby red shoes so she chose to be the wicked witch that the house fell on in Wizard of Oz. I did make her costume....I know it isn't like the one in the movie, but I wanted to add a little spice to it and match her shoes, so kill me. And the hat I found a K-mart the day before Halloween and I couldn't believe it was a perfect match to the material on her dress. Hooray for me. Little Sophie adores animals and wanted to be Leena's black cat. I had fun with her costume and she looks too dang cute.

So we had Dorthy (Ella), Alphaba (Marla), Glenda (Jillian), Squashed witch (Leena)......so what would be more fun then to reenact the Wizard of Oz.......nothing really. I would have been a munchkin, but maybe my dream will come true next year. So you will see a few of the shots Jillian and I took during the reenactment. The kids thought is was so fun. Oh yeah, it isn't a photoshop miracle that there are two Darth Vader's, the other one is Lynn. Bradyn was too excited for words. Funny thing is, is that Justin was Darth for Halloween when he was 8 as well. I should find a pic and stick him in there too. Enjoy our little bit of Halloween joy. I was a party pooper and didn't dress up this year. Not for the lack of desire, but for the lack of time. I enjoyed watching my kids too much. (The Fisher Price school is all we had on hand, just use your imagination.:)







.


Witches trying to be witchy and a cute kitty



Can you feel the force?






Meoooowwwww

1 comment:

Jessica Bath said...

New Post! Ne Post! New Post!