Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween

Here we all are at trunk or treat. It was gorgeous weather. No jackets needed. It has been snowy the past few years and I hate it when it is cold. True Fall.
Can't figure out why this is coming up sideways. I made this cupcake cake for the Halloween party at G&G Bath's house. I thought it turned out quite cute if I do say so myself.
Here are the girls at Franklin Covey ready for the hand outs.

I know I really get into the part. I attempted a gypsie, but a few times was thought to be a pirate. What would your vote be? Hey mom do you remember this skirt? I bought some accesories to finish it off and voila.

Leena wanted to be Mulan and I had this outfit that my mom bought in China Town, SF when Bradyn was a baby. I painted her face and made it work. She would ask me every few minutes
if she still had paint on and if I needed to reapply. She gets into her part as well.I know it isn't what Mulan really wore, but Leena was satisfied and it was very little work on my part. Justin thought she looked a little like a mime. I can see it too, but a darn cute Mulan mime.
Sophie was a recycled Cinderella. I made this for Leena when she was two. She was just excited to be wearing makeup too.

Bradyn is an Indy fan. He told me today that he was thinking of having his wife work so he could stay home and have fun with the kids, but thought about it longer and changed his mind. He said he didn't want to be home with all the poop and throw-up. (Come on Bradyn that is the best part.) So he said that he could work, but that didn't sound fun. So he said he though about it some more and thought that he could go exploring and teach like Indy and was pleased with that decision. Oh to be a kid again.

Out trick-or-treating. We only hit a few houses since they had way more than enough candy from Franklin's and trunk or treat. The reason you don't see Sophie is because I am helping her hold her bag. Sophie din't quite get the jist of it at first. She kept wanting to give candy to the people at the door.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

The kids look cute. . . and I of course could tell you were a gypsy. Justin's costume is really freaking me out :)

Amanda said...

Cute! I love it! I love the cake. Looks like you guys had fun!!!

Nannette said...

Super cute!! You guys are so much fun. I love your costumes!

Lorie said...

I love the witch cake! Very cute!

Unknown said...

Hi Renee!!
I saw your blog on Chandi and Dan's page so I thought I would drop by and say hi!! I didn't even know you guys had another baby!! Sophie is so cute!!

Kristina said...

Ok, where did your boy go and who is that little man in your family??? Seriously!! Your girls look adorable and the story about Bradyn being so concearned about his future adulthood is WAY too funny! I love getting into their minds! Your a babe....as always!!